Tuesday, May 29, 2018

The Next Completions for May

The following quilts are charity quilts that I will be taking up to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Humanitarian Center for donation.

This first quilt is what I call a 'build a quilt'. I just started with the center and added rows around the quilts with different colors until I had it about the size I wanted. I used 2 inch 4 patch squares that I had already made up several years ago and then added gray, orange and yellow to set them all on point.

I used the Baptist fan Groovy Board on my HQ for the quilting. It ended up a twin size quilt.

This quilt was from a class I took at the Panquitch Quilt Walk last year. I used all scrappy from my stash for the blocks and the background is some fabric I bought several years ago and never used on the quilt I was planning on.

I used the Whirly Gig pantogram and bound it with the same fabric as the outer border. It is also a twin size quilt. I used more of my stash of 10 inch squares to back this quilt.

This is purely an orphan block quilt. I took every block that had been stuffed into a drawer and cut them all down to the same size. Then I arranged them in a random way.

I bound this quilt with a very scrappy binding I have set aside from all my leftover binding from other quilts. The backing is made from 10 inch squares I have in my stash. I used the Baptist fan pantogram for the quilting.

This quilt is also leftover blocks and I built this quilt from the center out.

I used the Baptist fan for the quilting and an old sheet for the backing. This quilt is also a twin size.

I am now working on some more baby quilts and I have started two Bonnie Hunter quilts as leader and enders.  This weekend we went to Strawberry Lake for a 3 day vacation and while I was there I sewed 20 blocks I had kitted up. This morning I sewed them all together.

So for now 'Keep on Scrappin!'

Sunday, May 20, 2018

April Completions

I have a few quilts that were finished in April.

This quilt was a top for over a year. I finally decided that I needed to finish it up. I have an embroidery machine with these cute little girls doing all their chores.

I used the Whirly Gig pantogram for the quilting on this one.

This quilt was made from leftover red and white 9 patches from a large quilt I completed over a year ago.

I used the Whirly Gig on this one too and I pieced the backing from leftover pink flannel.

This is another purple baby quilt made from my collection of purple 2 1/2 inch squares.

I also used the Whirly Gig pantogram on this quilt.

I have a few more quilts to show and record for the year but I will not be able to blog about them for awhile as we are going fishing at Strawberry Lake this week.

Keep on Scrappin!

Monday, May 14, 2018

March Completions

The next quilts to show were completed in March.

The next two quilts are the same pattern and look like they are the same quilt.

 But if you look close you can see the the backings are different.

This was a class I took from Bonnie Hunter here in Utah in August.

I decided I didn't want to make a full size quilt and so I turned the blocks I made into two baby quilts. It looks like I used the Baptist fan for the quilting.

This quilt I call a build-a-quilt. I started out with green and white 4 patches and then continued to add different colored rings around the last round.

I have so many cut 2 1/2 inch squares I was trying very hard to use them up.  I didn't succeed but I now have added this quilt to my collection in the trailer.

Completions for Febrauary

I was very busy in February, March and April. Most of my extra time was spent on hand binding these quilts and also crocheting.

This is another star quilt very much like the quilts I have shown before.

This was quilted with the Baptist fan.

This quilt is just like the previous quilt with a different backing. I used the Baptist fan for the quilting.

I got this pattern off the web but I forget the name of it.

I used the Whirly Gig pantogram and pieced the backing for it.

Another star quilt.

I used the Whirly Gig pantogram on this quilt. I love the border print of stars.

Completions for February

The following are more great grand baby quilts.

This quilt looks like sunshine to me.

I used the Whirly Gig pantogram for the quilting on this quilt.

This quilt has a fun orangy batik for the border fabric. I used the Baptist fan groovy board for the quilting on this quilt.

These quilts were completed the first part of Febrauary.

More January Finishes

I have over 15 baby quilts completed for our future great grand babies.

These two quilts have the same border print fabric.

This quilt has a figured flannel backing

This quilt has a striped backing. Both quilts were quilted with the Whirly Gig pantogram.

This quilt is very much like the previous quilts.

I used the Baptist fan pantogram for this quilt.

This quilt is actually a charity baby quilt.

I used the Whirly Gig pantogram and I pieced the backing with a few different leftover flannels.
I completed these quilts in January.

First 2018 Quilt Finish-1st couple weeks of January

I am finally blogging about my quilt completions for this year, Yeah!
The following are two quilts and pillowcases for our new to us trailer. I decided that the accent colors for the trailer would be aqua, teal and turquoise.

The pillowcases are coordinated with the quilts.

I forget at this time what pattern this quilt was made after but I think it was a Jenny Doan pattern.

I used the baptist fan groovy board from my HQ long arm machine to quilt it.

I used a medium tan background fabric for this quilt.

This one is just a charm type quilt pattern I made by myself.

I used a cream color fabric for the background for this quilt.

I used the Whirly Gig pantogram for this quilt and I used the same sheet pattern for both quilts.

I will now work on blogging on the many quilts I have finished in the last 5 months.