Friday, April 21, 2017

Last Quilt of Valor

I have completed my last Quilt of Valor.


This is a special quilt for our son Luke. He is 100% medically retired from the Army because of Iraq.


I have made him two other quilts beside this one but I wanted to make him one more before I became too old to make him one. I always back my Quilts of Valor with flannel. I bought this piece awhile back when I was planning this quilt.


I will probably give it to him on the 4th of July. It is a special day for us. We start early with a 7:00am Flag Raising and then a mountain man breakfast for everyone. This is another Jenny Doan pattern called Ribbon Star.


I decided to add the yellow stars in the sashing and I am very happy with how they turned out.


I also like the stripe binding. I bought the red border and the binding fabric when I was in Loa last year during the deer hunt. I thought they would look very good for this quilt.


I am very happy with this quilt and I know he will be also.
I am not sure when I will have another completion because the yard is screaming for attention and I can't keep up the pace to do everything.

I will Keep on Scrappin any time I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment