Friday, August 31, 2018

Curved Magic Quilt

My husband went with me to pick up my sewing machine from its annual checkup and saw a quilt on the wall that he liked.  First off, he doesn't like white backgrounds in a quilt and second it had lime green which is not his favorite color.


This quilt is made from a curved ruler. It has a book with this quilt and several others in it. I was a little intrigued so a week or so later I went back to the store and purchased the book and the ruler.


I showed on a previous post the table runner I made to learn this new and tricky technique. This top went together relatively easy. I loaded it on the HQ and was quilting a simple pantogram and on the second row I really messed up but didn't notice until the third row.  I was so upset and decided I was going to just give it away as a charity quilt.


I was making this quilt on the sly so I could give it to my husband for his birthday in October. He could tell I was upset about something so I ended up telling him what was wrong. He said to finish it and let him decide whether to keep it or not.


Well, it is done and it is on the back of his sofa so I guess we are keeping it.

I would say 'Keep on Scrappin' but this is not a scrappy quilt. I purchased the blue and grey just for this quilt.  I would never have made this quilt because there is only three colors but he seems to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment