Sunday, September 16, 2012

Grandma and Me

This is about a quilt that was started by my Grandmother sometime in the 1960's as best as I can figure out.


My Grandmother had completed several blocks and for whatever reason my Mother ended up with the blocks.


Whem my mother gave me the blocks she told me she had done a couple of blocks but she didn't really like quilting and so in 1976 she gave the blocks to me.  I then made some blocks.






I finished the quilt top in 1998 and quilted it in 2007.



I purchased my HQ Sixteen long arm quilting machine in April of 2007.  This quilt was the second quilt I completed on the HQ Sixteen.  I had no idea what I was doing but I felt like this quilt needed to be done.


I love it for the history it represents and the part I was able to play in it.  It is not a good example of my quilting ability at this point but I love it anyway.

Cindy N.


No comments:

Post a Comment