Monday, October 1, 2012

My Sewing Room

We have three bedrooms in our home.  We have lived in our house for over 10 years. When our youngest moved out I made his room into my sewing room. It is a large room and at first I had plenty of room to work in there.  As time went on I added more and more fabric and other quilting supplies and then in 2007 I added a very big item, my HQ Sixteen.  Wow, the room shrunk dramatically.

Here are a few pictures of the room as it looks right now.  Of course some months it looks worse and other months it doesn't look too bad.  But as you can see it is very cramped and most of the time it is best to have only me in there. 


This picture is from the doorway looking in.




This picture is after stepping into the sewing eoom and standing next to the HQ.



This picture is from behind my HQ and looking towards the door and closet.

I have had three grand daughters over at one time sewing on blocks to make pot holders but that was very tight.  Unfortunately, I did not take pictures of that.  I will remember to take pics next time.

Well all of this is about to change.  We are finishing our basement and I will now have a quilt studio.
I am getting so excited about it especially since we are finally making some good progress.

I am taking pictures of the many stages of progress and will write a post about that in a couple of weeks.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment