Sunday, October 7, 2012

My Many Ideas for a Valentine Quilt

I have wanted to make a Valentine quilt for some time now and I am now working on it.
I am not too fond of pink so I have chosen red to be the main color of this quilt.
I was looking online for red and white quilt ideas when I came  across Joanna S. Rose's exhibition in New York in 2011 displaying 650 quilts.  While looking at this exhibition I also came across the Cupcakes N Daises website  
So I got thinking about a what I want to try out.
I wanted to make a Valentine quilt and I wanted to try my hand at mini quilts. So because of this tutorial I have decided that this quilt can be a number of things for me to explore.

I have made a mini red-work embriodery quilt.


I have an embroidery machine and these lovely little girls in my files.



 A mini log cabin quilt.  I am not sure about how I want to border it.


I have some churn dash blocks.




I also have my first hand appliqué heart blocks.



I am thinking of putting this quilt together like the tutorial but I may still just border each individual quilt and fill in with 4 patches.  It is hard to say right now without putting them all on a design wall.  I don't have a very big design wall yet so it makes it kinda hard to lay it out.  I plan for this quilt to be queen size.

1 comment:

  1. I just love red and white quilts and all the blocks you are showing are very nice. Congrats on getting a sewing stuido, I will be following your progress and looking forward to seeing you all moved in!

    ReplyDelete