Sunday, October 14, 2012

Quilts of Valor

I have been making Quilts of Valor for several years now.  I was very excited about doing these special qults from the very beginning. Our son spent 1 year in Iraq and I have let him pick out two different guys to receive Quilts of Valor.  It is a very rewarding feeling to say thank you to some very giving people.

These are some of the qults I have made over the years.  This is the first one I made and it was sent by the Quilts of Valor organization to Afganistan to a nurse working there.




This is the second one I made and my son picked out a local guy to receive this one.
I made another one just like this for my husband.  My husband was in the Army for 11 years and we lived all over the world and all over the United States.  He is a disabled veteran.




I made my son a Qult of Valor for his birthday this year and he is thrilled.  He requested a lap size quilt that he could have to wrap up in when he was feeling down.




I have made another one for a  friend of my son but for the life of me I can't find the pictures I know I took of that quilt.  This guy is a Marine Vietnam Veteran and when he got the qullt he called my son and cried.  He says this is the first time anyone has told him thank you for his service.  I think he served 2 or 3 tours in Vietnam. He claims that he will be buried in this quilt.  I wasn't sure how to take that but I am honored by his gratitude.  Apparently he is coming to visit my son soon and wants to meet me and my husband.

Freedom is not free!

No comments:

Post a Comment