Saturday, October 27, 2012

New Sewing Room

We have lived in our house for over 10 years now and have an unfinished basement.  Well, last winter we decided that we wanted to finish our basement.  We planned to get started the 1st of April but didn't get started until June and so we got a little behind on the plan.  This is a picture of my Quilt room just after we got the framing done, the electrical has been started at this point and the plumbing has been started also.





In this project there will be a Man Cave and a Quilt Studio.  Boy, doesn't that sound impressive.


I sure don't want to ever do insulation work again.  It is a miserable job.



We now have the sheet rocking and texturing done. This picture only shows the sheet rock up but not the texturing. I forgot to take pictures before we started the painting. I will have my HQ along this wall.



This is the wall the HQ will be in front of.



This wall will be my design wall. I am really looking forward to having such a large one.

We have the painting 90% done and we finally feel like we are really going to get our basement finished.
We will not officially have bedrooms downstairs but will take back the old sewing room for a bedroom upstairs.

I am getting pretty excited about this whole thing.  I am just showing my room in the basement but we will have a large family room and kitchette besides my husband's room and the storage areas.  This will increase our finished floor space by almost double the amount we originally had in our home.  We are not completely finishing the storage areas but the large storage area is sheet rocked, textured and painted.
No flooring.

We really want to have more room for our kids and grand children when they come over for dinner and parties.  This will provide areas for everyone to enjoy each others company.


1 comment:

  1. Your sewing room is looking great! Congratulations

    I have made a few quilts of valor and they are a real blessing to make and give. I know yours were greatly appreciated.

    You did a beautiful job on you dwr quilt.

    ReplyDelete