Friday, November 9, 2012

Sunbonnet Sue

When I was very young my Grandmother made me a Sunbonnet Sue quilt.  I loved that quilt so much and I have saved it all these years.  Recently I cut out some of the Sunbonnet Sues and I will be making a little memory quilt from them. The quilt itself has been in pieces for years and so it has been stashed away and never seen.
Just before I got my HQ I made a Sunbonnet Sue top and completed it in 2006.  I had it hanging in my closet for almost 5 years before I quilted it because I was scared to quilt it.  I finally decided that I needed to finish this quilt and so I did. I am so glad that I got brave and finished it.  A finished quilt is better than a masterpiece in my mind.

I have it drapped over my sofa in the front room most of the time and I have a little grand daughter that likes to cuddle up in it all the time.










This is a sweet little quilt and of course it is scrappy.

I love Scrappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment