Saturday, February 23, 2013

Quilt Studio Is Finally Looking Like I Want

I am so excited about the quilt studio. It is finally looking more like a quilting room with the design wall up.
It is not quite as big as I wanted in width but it certainly is bigger than the design wall I had before.
I bought fleece blankets at Walmart to cover the insulation boards. I think these will work very well.




I didn't hold it tight enough on the right side and so there is a very small gap.  I am OK with that though.
We had some trouble with the staples not holding real well and so we tried to use screws.  They really didn't work at all because the screw bunched up the fabric so bad by twisting is around and not going straight through. So I will see how this works for now and then make a fix later if I need to.

I have packed almost all of the stash to the closet. 


This part is a little messy looking but after I get the file cabinet in I will rearrange and it should look better.



I have 4 fourteen inch deep and 4 feet long shelves for fabric. I also have bins below with civil war reproduction and another bin with 1930's fabric. I have a bin filled with flannel and also a large bin of crochet thread. I haven't been able to give them up because I just love crocheting. I haven't done any crocheting for a couple of years now but that is OK.


When I packed the fabric down I unloaded a big bin full of thrift shirts I have collected.  I put most of them in the color where they fit but some were mostly white back ground so I put them by themselves.



I have a large collection of green fabric. My favorite color is green so it shouldn't surprise me that I have so much green. I made a green quilt this fall for St. Patrick's day and thought I had made a dent in my green stash. Apparently not.



These two machines are set up to go. The feather weight on the left I have had for several years now and my grand daughter Lizzy almost thinks this machine is hers because she learned to sew on it. She prefers the feather weight over any of the other machines. The Kenmore was my first sewing machine and I remember very well the day were bought it. I was pregnant with our third child and was so excited to finally have a sewing machine of my own. This machine was bought in 1977. I will bring my embroidery machine down sometime today. It is  a Kenmore/Janome embroidery machine and I have had it for several years now. I use it for embroidery but also for applying all my binding with the great walking foot it has. The last machine to join this group will be my Viking. She is a work horse! I use  her for all my piecing.

I will show another update when I have the room complete with the HQ machine as well as my new cutting table.

1 comment:

  1. I came over to visit your Blog. I see that we have a few things in Common besides Quilting. I liked seeing your Sewing space. I Am happy that you are a new follower. Good Luck on the Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete