Friday, March 1, 2013

Progress is Being Made, Yeah!

I feel like I am not getting things done very quickly around here but still progress is being made. Here, there and every where.
My husband has worked very hard this week and has completed the window sill. It is beautiful! The pictures do not do it justice.



He also finished the main door. It is so pretty!



My son and daughter in law gave me these blocks for Christmas. "Quilt Haven" and I will be placing them on the front of the shelf which will hang above the window. The shelf is part of the small design wall I have.  The design wall is a blind that pulls down. It is a little hard to see the shelf because it is wood about the same color as the floor.




I have also been cleaning up and organizing my space in the quilt room. I have 5 of the 6 machines down stairs now. The serger is in the corner under the table.  I have also taken the big machine apart and have almost got it ready to go down. I just need to organize some helpers to get the table down stairs and the file cabinet.


Then I will be cleaning this old sewing room up, have the carpet cleaned, patch the walls and then I will be painting the room for my 3 grand daughters that will be moving out this summer. I will also put up curtains for this room that has never really had real curtains in it.



It will be great looking when I get it done!

I have taken some time to do piecing. I find this most relaxing. I have started a quilt for a coworker and it will be my leader ender project for now. I will add another row to these blocks so they will finish at 12". Then I will decide how many I need to make a queen size quilt. I will be laying them out in the 'Sunshine and Shadow' layout. These colors remind me of spring. We are up to 40 degrees this week and we feel like it is a heat wave.




Well, this is all for now.

1 comment:

  1. You and hubby are getting a lot done! Isn't it fun to see it coming toward completion.

    ReplyDelete