Thursday, February 7, 2013

Scrappy Mountain Majesties!

I love this pattern.  I keep calling it Majestic Mountains but it is really called Scrappy Mountain Majesties from Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville. I have made this quilt pattern 3 times. The first one I gave away to a daughter in law, the second is for our son in law and this one is for me. I have enjoyed making this in a graduated fashion by placing the darker fabrics at the bottom and gradually going to the lightest at the top. To me it reminds me of the soil and green growing things at the base of a mountain up to the sky.


I like the zig zag of the pattern and I love the earthy colors. This quilt is a lap size and it now down stairs in our family room.



I used the 'Square Spiral' by Keryn Emmerson pantogram which looks great on this quilt.


This picture shows the quilting better than the other two but you have to look closely.

I love Scrappy!


No comments:

Post a Comment