Monday, January 28, 2013

Orphan Quilts or UFO

I have seen allot of blogs this month talk about completing UFO's or cleaning out old stuff in the quilting stash. Last June my daughter in laws and a couple of grand daughters worked on cleaning out all my orphan blocks and made up 2 tops.  They have been sitting in my quilting room ever since. I have now quilted, bound and washed these two quilt tops and a majestic mountain top I put together from left overs from another majestic mountain quilt I have made but not quilted yet.

It has felt very good to get these done.  They will now be sent off as charity quilts.




When I look at the both of these quilts I see so many other quilts I have made. These quilts are made up of other quilts I have already made and sent on their way.






Even the backing on these quilts remind me of quilts I have made. I hope that who ever ends up with these quilts will enjoy them.


This quilt has thrift shirt backing just like Bonnie Hunter was talking about last week. I thought it was a great idea to use up some of the shirts I have collected.


I really love scrappy quilts.


1 comment:

  1. So wonderful. I love scrappy quilts too.
    Greetings from Germany,
    Grit

    ReplyDelete