Friday, April 19, 2013

Busy Week and Now a Cold

I have had a very busy week with two interviews and helping my son Doug with the children after he had his gall bladder out last Saturday.
Now I have a cold and have not been able to do my regular chores and therefore no time in the quilt studio this week.
Last week I started an embroidery project. For the last few months I have been thinking about getting a hand project going and I knew I wanted to do hand embroidery. I have seen all over blog land the many different projects that women have going and was very intrigued by some of them.
Approximately 42 years ago I bought these flower head transfers in order to paint with Tri Chem paints. The Tri Chem paints were quite the rage when I was a teenager and my mom bought me a set for my sixteenth birthday. I bought these transfers shortly after that and had planned on painting them and making them into a quilt.
Well, the best laid plans of mice and men........I still have not done anything with the transfers. Until now!
There are 28 flowers in the set and they are quite large.


These are the original transfers.


Cute, aren't they?!


The originals were almost 8 X 10 inches so I decided that was too big to make a quilt out of all of the flowers. I had them reduced by 20% and I think they are just right for what I have planned for them.



Miss Azalea has been embroidered below.


I am working on Miss Camellia now and have her half done.


When I have completed the hand embroidery on all of the flowers I will machine embroidery the name of each flower at the bottom.

By the time I finish hand embroidering these I will have decided if I will make one large quilt or two twin size quilts.  Twenty eight flowers are quite a few.

I have also gotten my quilt studio somewhat complete now with my HQ in its place.



So life is marching on and it seems like April is flying by.  Until next week.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice machine. Are you planning to have zipper leaders? I wish you lived close by so I could go play with your machine.

    ReplyDelete