Friday, April 26, 2013

What is Happening Around Here?


I have had a very eventful week here since my last post. I wish it was all about quilting but it has not been that fun.
I had 3 interviews this week. I also had an unemployment workshop on Monday. Late in the afternoon on Monday I thought I would quickly trim up a couple of blocks and I inadvertently sliced off half my nail and some of my left index finger with my rotary cutter. This is not the first time I have cut this finger. A few years ago I cut it pretty bad and had a few stitches. This time I did a much worse job on it and now I don't have much of my finger nail left. I went to the ER and they xrayed it to make sure I had not damaged the bone. I had not so it was bandaged up and now I am babying my finger so it will heal.



The doctor said I should have my nail grow back just fine but I might have a weird looking nail.

I also took a picture of my design wall since my hubby has put up some wood trim around the edges. We decided to do that for two reasons, one because it looks better and two because we needed to secure the wall a little better than it was. It looks great with the wood trim.


Well, I am hoping that next week I will get a little more time in the quilt studio.  We will see!
Until next week.............

2 comments:

  1. WOW....you should look into that klutz glove that Fons and Porter sells!!! Ouch!

    Best of luck in the healing department.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, ouch!

    One of the fabric stores here takes photos of all the rotary cutter injuries and posts them where no one can avoid looking at them.

    ReplyDelete