Friday, April 5, 2013

The Excitement is Mounting

This has been another busy week. Some of my grandchildren had spring break this week so I took the opportunity to have Lizzy come over to spend the night. She is 14 years old now and loves to quilt. She is taking Home Economics. Do they call it that now? Anyway she has made a rag quilt and now is making a robe. She is ahead of the class right now and loves what she is doing.

She was a real trooper and helped me on Wednesday afternoon in the front flower beds. We filled 5 large, black, garbage bags to the bursting point off two flower beds.


These flower beds were chock full of dead plants. Now it looks a little barren but the color of daffodils always brightens things up. Today is very cold and windy. We had a couple of beautiful days and enjoyed them allot.


She also came in the house and helped me move a desk, take a heavy file drawer down stairs, and we brought down the rods and rails for the HQ and the inserts to the table. Now the only things left in the old sewing room is the reduced in size table and the HQ itself. This is a very empty room.




Next week I will schedule the carpets to be cleaned in the front room, stairs, hall way and the old sewing room.  Then I will patch the walls in the old sewing room and get the paint so I can start  painting. Yeah!

Lizzy has been very busy in the quilt room.


Lizzy is so busy with the quilt she has been working on. She is doing a great job. She decided what she wanted to do and has been over a couple of times to work on it.


Lizzy always uses the Singer featherweight. I taught her how to sew on this machine and she now almost thinks it is hers. She has no desire to use the bigger and newer machines.


My husband has finished the cabinet he has been building for my quilt room. It is now hung on the wall. He has done such a wonderful job of this cabinet. I was so excited I have already filled the cabinet and the doors have not even been made yet.


He faced the cabinet with the same knotty birch as the doors and trims and got skins for the sides. It looks beautiful!


He is going to start making my cutting table next and will make the doors for the cabinet after it is done.
The cutting table will be the shape of the largest rotary cutting mat and will have storage under the table for all my rulers, GO cutting mats and other fabric cutting tools. The table will be on locking casters so I can move it about the room as needed. I am very excited to have this made and ready for use. He is waiting to make the cabinet doors because he knows how much I want the cutting table up and running.

The excitement is mounting because tomorrow is the Quilt Retreat. I have been working all week to get things ready for this event. I have a few more things to do tonight and then the room and projects should be ready.

We have the 9 patch quilt to finish, the tumbler quilt and a string quilt.

I will take pictures of everyone working on the quilts and will post them next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment