Friday, March 29, 2013

Holding My Own and Then Some

It has been a busy week.  I try hard to accomplish all my house chores and then some.....meaning piecing.
My Quilt studio has not changed this past week other than cleaning up some. I have been able to get down there and piece some and that is awesome.
I was able to finish the dotted swiss top. I guess I should name it but I am not into naming my quilts much.
When I first put it up on my design wall I had my husband come and take a look. He thought I should put it on point. I guess he likes those quilts I have put on point.  I just told him that this quilt would not be put on point. I thought maybe he just didn't like this quilt too much.
Well, I was mistaken. He likes this quilt so much that he is calling it his quilt.


I was able to go outside today and take some pictures of this top but if you look closely you can see the the sky is a little dark over the right side of the quilt.  We are expecting 10% chance of thunder storms today. Needless to say the sky is over cast quite a bit and there is a bit of a breeze.


I really like the rails and nine patch corner stones in this top. I will be adding a 2 1/2 inch border all the way around. I will have to buy some fabric for it and my husband says he will pick it out and buy it too. He really does think of the quilt as his now.


I won't be quilting this until after the 6th when we have our quilt retreat.  I will then have some helpers with the HQ and file cabinet so I can finish setting up the studio for quilting.  I am very excited about this and can hardly wait until the 6th.

Well, this is all for now. I will update next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment