Friday, July 12, 2013

Cutting Table Completed

I am so excited about my new cutting table. It is more than just a cutting table. It is somewhat portable because we put it on wheels. Two of the wheels lock so it can be very stable. It is at counter top height so I will no longer be stooping over for hours, which should really help on my poor back. It has numerous cubbies to hold various different things, like rulers, dies, groovy boards and rotary cutters.


This makes easy access to my dies for the GO.


These are the strip dies and they are very long.


These are my Groovy boards for my HQ and they are very long. So it is great to have these fit in the long slots.


This end has my rotary cutters and several of my rulers.
My husband is the best. He was very good to include all the features that were important to me.
I love my new cutting table!

Next to report is about my flower embroideries. I haven't said too much about these lately because I was very intimidated by Miss Chrysanthemum and making sure her hair looked like the pictures of a real chrysanthemum. I have finished her now and I am working on Miss Columbine. The leaves on Miss Columbine will need to be redone because the leaves that the artist put on her are completely wrong. I am going to have to pay closer attention to the leaves from now on.

Here is Miss Mum.



The next thing I wanted to mention is my veggie garden. Things are really growing well this year which is a vast improvement over last year.


I have already cut the broccoli twice and it looks like it is almost time to cut again. I have three of these plants.



If you look close you can see the little tomato. I have three tomato plants this year.


I have also picked a zucchini off this plant and it has another one peeking out there. Can you see it?

The last thing I wanted to talk about is Bonnie Hunter's block challenge this year. I have not participated the last couple of years that she has done this even though I was very tempted with Flora Bunda. But this year fit right in with what I have been doing in my quilt studio. I have been trying to use up/clean up some stuff that has been sitting around in my bins for years. I have a ton of half squares that have been collecting dust since I got my GO cutter a few years ago. I was just having fun trying out this new toy and made these. I also have 3 drawers full of 2 1/2 inch squares already cut and waiting for a project. This is the project. Yeah!



This could become more than a leader ender project for the year and become a finished top very quickly.

Well, this is all I have for this week. It is quite a bit, maybe I should consider writing on my blog more than once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment