Friday, October 4, 2013

Ready to Go

I have my quilting stuff packed for our trip to Reno, NV next week. I have prepared a new quilt to go so I can put it all together while I am there.

The quilt name is Shadow Box from MaDan's Quilting online. She made a very easy to follow tutorial at madanquilting.blogspot.com. I think I will be able to really spotlight my batik fabrics with this quilt.


I think I have everything I need to sew to my hearts content while my husband goes to his conference lectures.



I was cleaning out a cupboard in the kitchen over the desk and pulled out some table cloths and runners. In 1999 I embroidered a table runner and napkins with pansies. I loved them so much that I took the pattern and made curtains for our new house in 2001. This table runner had a cotton lace I had sewn onto it and it never has laid flat. I got this great idea to cut the lace off, add borders and then quilt.


Here it is with the borders.


Here it is loaded on my HQ. I have started quilting on the white around the outside edge with half feathers. I will start on the inside part of the white next. I think this runner is going to turn out just perfect and will lay flat the way it should.

I have purchased 2 boxes of Granny Smith apples and I will go to Walmart today and pick up more bottles. I want to make apple pie filling to bottle this week and then some applesauce. The applesauce will not be done until week after next.

Well, this all for now but I plan to take pictures in Reno of my progress and will post from there next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment