Friday, October 11, 2013

Here We are in Reno

It took us 8 1/2 hours to drive to Reno from home. We checked into the Peppermill. It is a very fancy place and it takes allot to walk out to the car and get back in. I don't like having to use the Bell service but we had to get all of our stuff up to the sixteenth floor.

I quickly set up my sewing stuff and have been very happy sewing along.



 I completed the blocks the first night here.


 I had decided to put this top together by webbing the top as Bonnie Hunter does.


So I cut the sashings and corner stones so I could do that.


 It didn't take long to put it all together.


Next I started working on the pieced border for the Smith Mountain Quilt. I am making good progress.


Yesterday my husband and I went out to a fabric store. I was just looking, thinking I might get some fat quarters or some fabric to bind this new quilt. He saw something he liked so I ended up buying a wall hanging kit. It has applique and I am not very good at applique so it will be interesting to see how this turns out. I am thinking it would look real good in my quilt studio.




Well, I need to get working on my piecing again and then get some make up on so I am ready for lunch time.
See you next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment