Friday, December 6, 2013

Life Took Over

I have felt very neglectful of my blog and quilting the last two weeks but life took over.
A week ago Sunday my father-in-law past away. It was a blessing for him because he had been very sick for so long. The funeral was the day after Thanksgiving. We have many people to be grateful for this year. He was a very good man and we will miss him.

My plan this week was to jump head long into Bonnie Hunter's mystery and I have made some progress. On Monday I pressed and cut my 3 1/2 inch strips for part one but was too exhausted to do more.


I also cut out batting for three quilt tops.



This one was done last spring and it is made from 2 1/2 inch squares that are over flowing in my bins. I put lots of plaids, strips, and checks into these. This is a lap sized quilt top. I just need to get a backing ready for it now.


This is the last of the 3 1/2 inch squares charity quilts that I put together early this summer. It needs about 8 inches added to the backing and then it is ready for quilting.


This is the top I put together in Reno, NV while my husband was at a conference. It needs a backing and it is ready to quilt. I asked Anita from "Na Na's Place on the web" for suggestions on how to quilt this and she drew me raindrops. I still need to practice these before attempting to quilt them but it was a great idea. Thanks Anita.

I went to the doctor on Wednesday and found out I have pneumonia. I thought I had bronchitis but apparently it is a little more than that.

So my progress is not very fast but I will keep plugging along. I was not home when Bonnie posted the first unit for the mystery but I will be home for part two which she posted at 5:00am this morning. She say the pdf has a problem so I can't print it out yet but it looks like a ton of chevrons need to be made. I am hoping next week that I will feel better and be able to get some things done in my quilt studio. I miss working in there so much.

Thanks for stopping by. I will talk again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment