Saturday, February 1, 2014

A Little Progress

I have had a long week trying to get over this cold. I have been very tired and spent allot of time just lying down. I didn't even take time to do my embroidery this week. Too Tired!

I am trying a suggestion from Na Na's Place on the Web to use rubber cement on the back of my rulers. Since I have purchased special plastic stuff for my ruler a few years ago and have not been happy with the grip or should I say non grip of them.


 I figured that I would not be out anything to give it a try since it rubs off when it looses it grip.


I have signed up for an applique class in Panquitch in June. I purchased some thread from Superior Threads for this because I understand that you need to use thread as close to the color of the fabric as you can get. I don't have any colored thread except what I use for the HQ longarm so I thought it best to get a little thread. My whole purpose in taking this class is to learn how to hand applique so I can get started on my kit I bought in Reno, NV this fall.


I have been sewing a little bit on my #5 units for the Celtic Solstice quilt. I have over 40 done so far. I have pulled my pink 2 inch squares and strings for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I am sewing the 9-patches between the #5 units.



No comments:

Post a Comment