Friday, February 21, 2014

What I am Working on This Week

I have had a slow week in the quilt studio. I have worked in there but have very little to show.
I have all but one of the alternate blocks made for the mystery quilt. I discovered that I had mis-figured on the star blocks but it will be fine. I thought I needed 25 blocks but I only need 24.
I am short for the chevrons in the alternate blocks but I knew that I was at least one short when I was making them. At the time I sewed them I was not too concerned because I knew I would be able to take care of that at this point when I am putting the blocks together.


As soon as I make the chevron I need I will put together the last block and then I will web this top together. Yeah, another finished top.


I have started on the pieced outer border now so I can have them ready when I get the inner border on the quilt.

I also went to visit my friend Lynn and picked up the backing fabric and batting needed for the quilt I call Sunshine. I never name my quilts but this certainly shines like the sun. It is a beautiful quilt and we have chosen the thread and the pantogram for it. I was very worried that I did not tell Lynn to buy enough fabric for the backing and binding but it has turned out perfectly. I have washed, ironed and cut the fabric for the backing and still have more than enough for the binding.


The fabric on the right has very small flowers with a white back ground. I will start on this quilt as soon as I finish my Batik windows quilt that I have had on the HQ for a few weeks now.

I have not completed the last of the quilting because I have been intimated with the rain drops. But I plan to get some practice in on the white board and then I will dive into finishing the last of this quilting. I do not have the binding cut for this quilt yet but that should not take long and then I will have another quilt finished for 2014.

So this is all for this week. I will post on Sunday for Slow Stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment