Saturday, March 15, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge-Aqua/Teal (part 2)

I have finishes for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Yeah!

I have completed the 9-patches.


I have completed the string blocks.


I have also completed the Craftsy blocks. I do not like how they turned out! I have some big mistakes.


I measured 2-3 times and I can't figure out how I could have been so far off. I can see a near miss by 1/8 of an inch but this is ridiculous. I am not going to fix the mistakes for two reasons, one I may not use them in the quilt and two, I don't have enough variety in fabrics left of the colors to make new blocks.  So here they are.


I also got the same fabric twice in the center. Yuck!

If you want to see what others are working on that is much better than what I accomplished this week please click here and see the awesome projects that everyone is doing.

Hopefully I will do better next month.

7 comments:

  1. I like all of your blocks. Even if you see mistakes - the rest of us will think it is planned... so that way they are perfect ;-) Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the star how it is - just call it a 'wonky' star! =)
    Looks like a great collection of teal blocks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Deb. I like it! Call it a happy scrappy wonky star.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pretty teal fabrics. I agree with Deb and Sheila, call it a wonky star. All your blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of calling it wonky star. I think a whole quilt of wonky stars could really look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first thought was not "Oh, she made a big mistake!" but "What a neat way to make a wonky star." If you don't say anything people believe it's what you wanted to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Put them aside for a while (a few months if need be) and they might grow on you. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete