Friday, April 25, 2014

Catching Up

I have been absent from blogging and can't really say why I didn't write anything last week.
Yes, it was Easter, and yes we had family stuff on Saturday but I just wasn't in the mood to write and take pictures.
I have set a big goal for myself this year to write more than one post a week. I have posted 2-3 times a week since January but I think I must have been feeling a little overwhelmed and couldn't get too excited about writing.
I know it had to do with the fact that I had not made any real progress on different projects I am working on but I can say today that I have made some wonderful progress this past week.

I finished quilting the sunshine quilt and now I have a completion.


This shows the quilt when I was over half way done with the quilting.


This shows the quilt finished and bound.


This quilt is for an old co-worker and she picked the backing for the quilt. I used the same fabric for the binding. I am so glad I have finally finished this quilt.
I had been thinking for a few years that I would make Lynn, my co-worker, a quilt for her retirement. Since I was RIFed and now not working with her for over a year I decided to make this quilt before she retired. She is so excited!

I will give this quilt to her next week.

1 comment: