Sunday, April 27, 2014

Slow Stitching Sunday

I have been a little slow in stitching the last two weeks. I just could not get myself motivated to work on my stitching projects.
I finally have completion on a couple of projects that included slow stitching.

I hand stitched the binding on this quilt I have been working on for over a year. I mean a year of designing, piecing, quilting and binding. This quilt is a very large king size and it took me over 3 hours to hand stitch the binding down.


This quilt is not perfect but it is finished! YEAH!

I have also finished stitching Miss Magnolia. It took me longer to finish the leaves than I had anticipated.


She turned out very good.

I have set up for the next flower but have not started on her. She is Miss Marigold.


This is the image I found online.


This is the transfer image for Miss Marigold.

I know that this flower will take quite some time to do. She reminds me of Miss Chrysanthemum and this flower was very labor intensive. But I will just keep plodding along and enjoy the journey as much as possible. She will be beautiful when she is finished.

I will be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday today. Click here to view all of the many wonderful projects being worked on today.


5 comments:

  1. Love the blue and yellow log cabin. That colour combination has to be one of my favs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, just love your Miss flowers! New to your blog, will you make a quilt out of them? If you stitched a binding on a king size quilt in 3 hours - that is super fast!! Have a great rest of your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Marigold is a wonderful! All that wonderful frilly hair! I have been having trouble focusing too! Too many things going on and not enough energy to do them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your finished quilt... and your finished block! That's a lot of progress to celebrate at any speed!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love those Miss flowers. I've collected a lot of old embroidery transfers but have never come across any like these. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete