Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Design Wall

I put up some string blocks today on my design wall. I have been working on these string blocks since last summer and today I decided that maybe I better see how many I needed for a twin size quilt.

I have 27 sets of 2 over the amount I will need for this quilt. I will just continue making these string blocks for a future quilt.



Here is how it will look. I have all the sashings cut and ready to go.


The corner stones are blue plaids and strips. The sashings are all different dark blues.

This quilt is a great example of using up all my scraps. I am using all pr- cut squares and strips for the corner stones and the sashings. I feel real good about getting these old fabrics into a quilt.


4 comments:

  1. Great quilt. I've got a string quilt on the go. I should really do more work on it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that designer wall! I kind of like the light spaces with the blue corner stones...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been admiring string quilts for awhile and haven't seen one put together with sashing...it's really going to look good! THanks for giving us a peek of it on the design wall.

    ReplyDelete