Saturday, June 7, 2014

School is Out - Summer is Here

School is out and summer has began. The kids are all excited about all the summer things to do. I have 5 grand children that live with us and they are so enjoying their time this week since school got out last week.

I have been able to work a very small amount of time in the Quilt Studio this past week and I have a few things to show for it.


These are my yellow string blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month.


When I cut the string blocks down I had some left over that I decided I could not throw away so now I have these. They are 6 1/2 by 2 1/2. I haven't decided where they are going but I am sure something will come to mind when it comes time to put the string blocks together at the end of the year.


These are my 9-patches. I have made 10.


I have also completed another one of these blocks. I have 4 more to go. These blocks will be a Quilt of Valor quilt.


I have a few more of the green 9-patches done this week. I have over 60 9-patches made now.

I plan to link up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this week. Many are working on some very nice projects. Click here to see all the wonderful projects going on this month.

7 comments:

  1. Five grandkids out of school all day, summer vacation and you managed to get all that done. Great job. Love the scrappy little strings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty blocks. It looks like you have been busy! Enjoy your grandkids this summer. Vacation is such a relaxing change of pace for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. that's a lot of piecing accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your scrappy blocks! I see some ideas for next year : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scrappy strings... I've gotta keep watching to see where those go.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE those scrappy strings. How about some black on each side and have them stairway down a quilt in color? Enjoy the summer with the grands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool blocks! Enjoy the summer vacation. It seems like it's gotten shorter don't you think?

    ReplyDelete