Saturday, August 2, 2014

A Completion for 2014

I have a completion! Yeah!
I started this quilt when Bonnie Hunter threw out the challenge for Split 9-patch blocks. I started sewing furiously because this challenge fit right in with my plan to use up allot of my scraps and loads of half square triangles.


This is a picture from my blog on May 9th showing I had completed sewing the top together.


Here it is all done. I am very happy with this finish. This quilt sat on my long arm machine for two months. I don't like it when that happens but sometimes life happens.


I bought a stripe flat sheet for the backing and it fits the front of the quilt very nicely.


The quilting on this one was free hand. A new video I have tried from online. I got better as I went along but believe me there are lots of mistakes.  But they do not show up much. You would have to look very close to see them. The texture is great!


This is what I have on my long arm machine right now.


I started this project many years ago and had planned on making a queen size quilt. As time went on I realized that I just did not have the patience needed for this quilt so now I have a table runner.

I have not quite decided on the quilting I am going to do on this runner but I am sure something will come to mind soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment