Friday, September 19, 2014

A Little Progress

I have made a little progress in the Quilt Studio this week and I am very happy about that. Each week I am feeling better and less tired.

I have completed the quilt top for my husband that is the flannel shirts from his Dad's shirts. So this is a memory quilt. Dad passed away last November.


This quilt measures 85" by 85" right now.


I am going to add a 2" border and so this quilt will end up being very large. I auditioned this homespun light blue and brown for it but I do not like it. I have purchased a dark brown fabric for the border and a lovely green and tan flannel for the back. I will be showing more of this quilt when I have completed the quilting and binding. Stay tuned.

Little Elise has been helping in the quilt studio again.


Here she is trying to get into my pictures on the floor.


She is wearing the dress her mother made her a week or two ago.


These are my Craftsy blocks for the month. This is in different purples and is called the Curved Chain block.


This one is in all the same purples and is called Cleopatra's Puzzle. These complete my blocks for the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I won't be linking this month because I am off on the color for the month. The color this month is orange. Hop over to Angel's blog to see other orange projects that are going on this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment