Friday, September 26, 2014

Getting Serious About Pre-Cut Scraps

I have been working real hard since last January to use up most of the pre-cut scraps that I have in my Scrap User System drawers in my Quilt Studio.

These are all strips that I have cut up and put in designated drawers for years. I have some very old fabric in these drawers and some of them are very ugly. I am on a mission to sew up two drawers of dark 2" strips that I really want to use up.



Here are the two drawers with what is left after sewing for 2 days.


Here are the strips I have sewn together so far. I am sure I will have twice this amount when I get all of the strips sewn together. I will be pressing, trimming and cutting each set into 2" subsets. These will all be made into little 4 patches. I will be making the Double Irish Chain quilt from Bonnie Hunter's website. This is a free pattern and I have made one of these before. I may have enough 4 patches to make another one of Bonnie's quilts. We will see what happens.

I have also been very busy getting my orphan log cabin block chicken pin cushions almost all finished.


Here is my little flock of 8. I have more besides these but I gave one to my daughter Jenny and I have one next to my machine using it right now.


This is a close up. I have not added the eyes to any of them because I don't have any black beaded pins. Jenny Doan from Missouri Star Quilt Co. indicated that she used black beaded pins for their eyes so I guess I need to pick up a few pins.

This is all I have finished for this week so I will talk again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment