Thursday, October 16, 2014

Other Things I Have Going in the Quilt Studio

I know I have been rather quiet in blogging for the last 2 weeks but I have been busy doing a number of things.

First off I have finally quilted the table runner I have had on the HQ for the last couple of months.


This was going to be a hexie quilt but I down sized this because I lost interest in hand stitching the hexies.


I did a simple stipple in the white background and a simple swirl in the flowers which cannot be seen. I also did a half feather in the outside border but no stitching in the blue border. I am happy with the results. I have the binding all ready to be sewn on. I will show this when I have a completion in a couple of weeks.

I have also put the small borders on the memory quilt I have been making and I have the backing cut and ready to be sewn together. I will be putting this quilt on the HQ as soon as I finish the mystery quilt that is loaded now.


This quilt will finish at 89" by 89". It is a very large quilt.

I have one other thing to share.At the end of September I shared that I was busy sewing 2" strips together to clean out 2 drawers full of very old and ugly fabric. I have finally finished cutting and trimming these into 2" 2 patches that will soon become 4 patches.


I have filled to bins very full of these 2 patches. I am pretty sure I have a couple thousand of them.


I will be sewing these together while I am at deer camp so hopefully by next week I will have about a thousand 4 patches all ready for the quilt I have planned to make. I will show how this goes when I get back late next week.
I also will be taking my very old tumbler quilt along to make some progress on it. I need 13 more rows put together to finish this top.
I will also be working on sewing together some extra wings for star points left over from my Smith Mountain Morning quilt I made at the first of the year. I got a little carried away cutting the wings and have large zip locks full of these that need to be put together. I have cut out probably 300 hundred background triangles to sew with them. It will be interesting to see just how many star points I will end up with and just how I will use these units for a future quilt.

I will talk again soon. Keep on Scrappin!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! you have been busy. Love your table runner. I know what you mean about the hexies... I only got as far as a doll quilt. My grandma finished lots of Grandmother's Flower Gardens. Each of the grandkids (7) got one when they married. She was amazing.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete