Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Bonnie Hunter's New Mystery?

I have a completed top! It is the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt from last year. It is called Celtic Soltice.
I have it loaded on my HQ right now.


This was a great quilt to make and I was able to make this quilt just by shopping my stash.


Even down to the border fabric that my daughter helped me pick out.

Bonnie has started her mystery quilt this year by announcing the name of the quilt and the colors that will be used. The name of the quilt is Grand Illusion. I was not going to make the mystery quilt this year and mentioned that to my husband. He said why not? I said the colors are not colors that I use often such as teal/turquoise and I don't have enough of that color or a 2 yard piece of yellow that would work for this quilt. He said I should make this quilt anyway so I have been thinking about it.
I will pick up the color strips from Lowes this week and when we get back from deer hunting I will see about buying the needed fabrics. I have plenty of green, black and neutrals to do this quilt with no problems.

I will talk about this again in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment