Monday, November 24, 2014

A Finished Quilt

I have a completion. I have a charity quilt that is finished


This quilt was made from my string bin. I sewed all of the strings on used fabric sheets. I must admit it was very nice to smell the strings as I was sewing and pressing.


I used all my mostly blue 2 1/2 inch strips I had in my strip drawer for years. I also used 2 1/2 inch squares for the corner stones from my drawer.  This all fit in nicely with my plan to use strips and squares that I had already cut. I used the baptist fan for the quilting and leftover 2 1/2 blue strips for the binding. It was so nice to also use re-purposed shirts throughout this entire quilt.


These are my quilt models. Cute aren't they!


1 comment:

  1. Great quilt! I adore string quilts, they are so much fun to do. I'm a sucker for blue and that makes yours just that much more appealing. Congratulations on a terrific job. Whoever receives it will be in (blue) heaven!

    ReplyDelete