Friday, January 11, 2013

It Sure Is Cold Out There

It sure is cold outside here in Utah.  The high for today will be 23 degrees and we will be going down from there. It will be 14 degrees on Sunday.
I have been busy with the house and job interviews.
I will try to get two labels made today for 2 quilts. I have finished my grand daughter's quilt that I showed on the last post. She will be three years old in late April. This quilt started out as a leader ender. I also had started another 9 patch in pink with a bit smaller square. I gave the Mom the choice between the two. She chose purple. I really like how this quilt turned out.





I also took a picture outside to see if I could get a good shot. It is very overcast today so it didn't take very well.



I still like the contrast from the snow though but I don't like seeing my foot prints. Doesn't make for a very clean pic.
The backing is a sheet and I just love the colors.  I sure like using sheets because it saves so much time for me and you can't beat the price of a full flat sheet to use for these twin size quilts.
I am not making any progress on my red and white quilt. My weeks are flying by and I am getting allot done but there is still so much to do.  I guess that is life.
Well, I need to get busy breaking up all the chicken I am cooking for the enchiladas we are having tomorrow for our monthly Saturday lunch with all the kids.  There will be 9 adults and 9 grandkids.  We have a great time with them. Tonight we pick up two grandson for a sleepover for their birthdays this week. They are turning eight.
I will return next week.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, this quilt looks fantastic.

    Greetings from Germany,
    Grit

    ReplyDelete