Thursday, March 7, 2013

Quilt Studio Update

My husband put up my white board this morning and now I can use it. For a few years it has been behind my HQ and not very available for use.


It looks great there and it will be behind the door out of the way when not in use.

My grand daughter Lizzy came on Tuesday for a shadow day. This time the school said the 9th graders didn't have to shadow someone but they could if they wanted to. She shadowed me at work a year or so ago. This time she wanted to shadow me in the quilt room.  I had a few different projects she could have chosen but she picked through my 4 patches and she started a new quilt. When the grand kids, Lizzy, Tanner or Emma, want to sew something I have them do 4 patches. So Lizzy's quilt has some patches that her brother or cousin made and some leftovers that I have made for other projects.



She has sewed them into rows but the rows have not been sewn together yet. She will work on her project again when we have our quilt retreat on the 6th of April.

I have been working on this tumbler quilt for a little while and it is coming along quite nicely.  I need to put on 8 more tumblers for each row to be 66 inches.  This quilt will be a twin/laptop size quilt for charity.


The tumbler blocks are left overs from the Double Wedding quilt I finished last fall. I got a little carried away cutting out and so I have a ton of leftovers. I might have to cut a few more to finish this quilt but that is ok. This way I am using up what I have already cut out.

I showed the log cabin blocks I have completed on my previous blog but my husband put my shelf design wall over the window and I have placed these blocks on it. I have arranged the 'Quilt Haven' on the window sill for now.  I need to get some double sided hanging tape so I can place these on the shelf the way I want.


My husband and I went to Sam's club a few days ago and picked up a TV for my studio. We also got a DVD player that will play BlueRay discs and also will get the internet with another gadget that he ordered off of the internet. So I can play a DVD, a BlueRay disc, Netflex or Pandora radio.  It is pretty cool.



I will get the wires under control once we have got everything the way I  want.  We need to get the disc player set up the way I want before I worry about wires.

Well, this is all for this week.  Talk to you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment