Thursday, March 14, 2013

This is what I have been up to this week

I am finally feeling better. It has been a long 2 weeks.I have been able to catch up on the house and clean some in the quilt room and this sure makes me feel better. I think for the Quilt Retreat we have planned for the 6th of April that I will not have the HQ brought down.  It will be a little crowded with 7 people working on different quilts so I will wait to bring it down after the retreat.
The room is very comfortable as it is now and I will bring another large table in for 3 more sewing machines. So when you count the cutting table and the ironing board it will be cozy.

I have several options for everyone to choose from and I hope that they will team up on the projects.  There is the tumbler quilt that I have started, I talked about it in the last post. There is the 4 patch quilt that Lizzy started last week and I am sure she will work on that along with Tanner and Emma. There is also the pink 9 patch that is ready for spacer blocks and borders and I think Chelsi and maybe Laura will work on this project.

I have also started the string quilt using used dryer sheets. I have saved these dryer sheets for over 2 years and I thought it would be a great quilt to get going on since I have this over abundance of strings that are running over the top of the bins.


If you look closely you see bugs and potatoes peeking through.


I would bet there are several string quilts lurking in these bins.

I was able to get the 'Quilt Haven' up on the design wall shelf.  I think it looks great and Chelsi will love seeing them up on the shelf.


I have started 72 blocks for the log cabin quilt that you see above. They are about half done but I am very excited about how fast they are coming together.


I really enjoy making log cabin blocks and these sure look like spring. We had temperatures in the 70's today. I saw many young people wearing shorts and flip flops.

Hope you have a good weekend quilting. Talk to you next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment