Friday, May 3, 2013

Getting Back On Track

This week has been great. It has been great because I didn't have any interviews, no UI workshops and I have not cut anything on my hands. YEAH!
I have been able to catch up on my house work and also spend some time in the quilt studio.
I have almost finished the quilting on the dotted sampler quilt with 'Square Spiral' by Keryn Emmerson. I must really like this pantogram because the last two quilts I have quilted I have used this pantogram. Actually Eli and Chelsi helped me decide on thread color and the pantogram.






The thread color is white. I really wanted to use some variegated black and white thread I have but I didn't think I had enough of it left.
I have finished putting together the top with the 3 1/2" squares that I had Tanner working on during the retreat. I had a ton of left over 3 1/2" squares that I had been saving for several years and I have not used them for anything. So I decided that I would just 'web the top' and I used light and dark for a guide. This quilt is just over a twin size. I used mostly tan and cream for the neutrals in  this one.



I have started another one with white as the neutrals. I will have plenty of squares for this one and could probably start another one at the rate I am going with this little project.


Webbing the top is from Bonnie Hunter's website 'Quiltville'. These two quilts are for charity.

I have also made some progress on my little flower embroideries.


This one is done.



This one is almost done.

All in all......good progress this week on a number of things.
See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment