Friday, May 10, 2013

Good Progress

This has been another busy week and I am happy to say that quilting played a big part of the busyness. I have finally finished the dotted quilt. I have wrote a couple posts where this quilt is being seen as it progressed. Now I can look back and see the whole progress of this quilt. I kinda like this. Since this blog is to show my progress I think I have finally shown that with this quilt.


My husband and I went a couple of weeks ago to buy the border fabric for this quilt. He picked out a beautiful blue fabric. As you can see we didn't use it. After we got home I remembered I had couple pieces of black and white fabric. When I showed them to him he changed his mind and decided to go with the black and white shown here and not the blue. I am not worried about the blue not being used because I am a scrap quilter and I also love red, white and blue quilts.

I really like how this quilt turned out.

I have also finished the pink 9-patch quilt that I have shown as it has progressed. Chelsi came over on Saturday to make final decisions. She decided not to make a border for it and she picked out and made the binding for it. She also picked out Spiral Squares pantogram and a very bright pink thread.




The full picture is a little washed out but it shows the complete quilt. This quilt is for a specific little girl with very serious medical problems.


I have also finished putting together the second patch quilt. The one with all white neutrals.



I have also started a third patch quilt. I am using up everything in this last quilt. If I have more 3 1/2 inch squares they will be cut up into small squares and put in the bins.

I have one more thing to show. It is not quilt related except for the fact that it was my old sewing rooms upstairs. I have chosen a light green to make it bright and cheerful as three little girls will be in this room at the end of summer. I am painting the ceiling too, this was a big debate in my mind. I finally decided that I wanted to totally get rid of the estate grey in this room. I am so tired of this grey color in my house. I am also painting all the trims and the window sill white. I think this will really make this room great to look at. I will also be putting a coat of white on the closet doors and the entrance door.



I will be putting up draw curtains. I want the whole window to be shown when the curtains are drawn open. I will have half lace curtains at the bottom for privacy. The big decision will be the color and type of curtains to put up. I still have time to work on that problem. The kids will not be here until August.

Well, I do not have anything else to show for this week. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment