Friday, May 31, 2013

May is Coming to an End

This has been a very busy month. I have been busy in the quilting room, in the house and in the yard. I guess that is the way it is for everyone.

I actually have seeds sprouting in the garden and I am very happy with that.


These are the string beans. They  look great.


This is a lemon cucumber. I planted three different places and this is the only one coming up so far.


 I think this one is another cucumber plant and it is looking pretty good.


This is a zucchini hiding behind the daffodil stocks. Last year my veggies were a bust. It is looking much better this year. YEAH!
I also have been able to weed and I am trying to keep up  them. This is a major thing to accomplish because we have been having allot of rain lately.

I have made some progress with the old sewing room. I have one of the three doors painted and I am half done with the trim. I am excited about this, the room looks so fresh and clean. Spring like.




The door in the closet is all painted and just needs the hinges, door knob and door stop put back on. YEAH!

I have completed 30 of the plaid/strip blocks and I have decided on the layout. I will set them 5 X 6.


I have cut the sashing and collected the corner stones from my 2" drawer. The neutral sashing will finish at 1 1/2" as well as the corner stones. Now I just need to start webbing the top.

Over all, I have had a very productive month of May. I hope you have also.

See you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment