Thursday, May 23, 2013

What I have been up to this week

I have not been able to do allot of sewing this week. I have three interviews this week, Monday, Wednesday and one tomorrow.
Most of my time has been spent working in the yard or cleaning house. 
The little bit I have been doing in the quilt studio has been because I am still cleaning up from the move. I think it has been very helpful to move all my stash down and re-organize things. I have found that I have way too many 2 1/2" squares that really need to be put into quilts.
I have been working on the plaid blocks that I wrote about last week. Here are few more, I think I have six lined up on the long arm.

I plan to continue until I use up these squares. I also found a bunch of 4 patches made up, left over three strips, and some two's sewn together that are left overs from other quilts. I have started to make 9 patches out of these scrappy orphans but I am not sure what I will do with them. I will just keep making them until I get a bunch made and then decide.

For Mother's Day my hubby gave me the expandable table that will adjust to any sewing machine.  I forget the name of it. I read about them from Bonnie Hunter. I set it up with my feather weight first and then decided to try it on my Janome embroidery machine because I didn't think it would fit it.


This is an odd shaped machine but it fits. I will have to take it off when I use the embroidery part but for now I am piecing and doing very well. This is going to be a dandy new tool for me in my piecing and when I bind the quilts. Yeah!

I have all my red and white blocks up on my design wall trying to find some inspiration on how to go about making this into a queen size quilt. If you have any ideas please let me know. I have some very disconnected thoughts about how I want this to turn out so I am hoping that by putting them on the design wall that inspiration will hit.


Kinda weird looking at them just thrown up there, huh?!



I have more half squares and 4 patches on the table here. I figure they will be fill ins.

Well, this all for this week. Take care and I will be back next week.



1 comment:

  1. I have cut squares in tins and my two inch box is getting full. I like how you are putting those together. I'll bet those red and white blocks will let you know what they want.

    ReplyDelete