Friday, June 7, 2013

Trying New Things

Another busy week has pretty much gone. I was kid sitting Emma, Logan and Adela Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week. I think they had a good time and I was still able to keep up with the house stuff.
I didn't get as much painting done as I would have liked but I do have the closet doors all painted and I only have one more wall to do floor boards.  The window sill and the entrance door still needs to be done. It doesn't seem like I am progressing in there but I am.

I have been trying new things in quilting. I follow Jo's Country Junction and she has been quilting with the Pajama Quilter. I looked at the website for Pajama Quilter but could not find much there. I was able to finally find a book with a DVD and ordered it. I hope to get it soon. The Pajama Quilter is free motion quilting on a grand scale, meaning she covers the quilt with an all over design in free motion. I watched a small video she has on YOUTube and kinda got the idea. I went ahead and tried it out on this charity quilt. I am not too happy with the results but it will do for a charity quilt.




This close up shows the quilting a little better but don't look real close because it is very wonky!

I have started and almost finished the second patch charity quilt and it is a little better.



This one I have done with swirls and I like it a little better. I was a little better with the spacing from the quilting line before so therefore not quite as wonky. Still need to watch that DVD when it gets here and then my third patch charity quilt should look a bit better.

I have also finished with all the orphan 9-patches. I have over 140 9-patches. I have set up 3 baby quilts so far and will be quilting them with a fleece backing and no batting. I purchased the fleece from a neighbor who moved to Alaska a couple of weeks ago. The price was very good and these will make great baby quilts for charity also. These are pinned in sets of 10 each.



Well, I need to get busy and get out in the yard for work that needs to be done there. 
See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment