Friday, June 21, 2013

Charity Baby Quilts

Another busy week has come and gone. I have been able to have grand kids over again this week and we have managed to keep pretty busy. They like to help me with my chores and then we play.

This week my main focus has been getting the charity baby quilts finished. I have made three but I have enough fleece for 6-7 more. I guess we will have to work on these in our next quilt retreat. I made these with just the backing and no batting. I really like the weight of them and they are quite large so they should be used right up to toddler age.



The first two quilts have a teal for the cornerstone square so I used the teal with the bears for the backing.



I decided I wanted to use the green teddy bear for the backing on this one so I used green for the sashing.



On all the quilts I went with totally scrappy binding and I am pleased with the results.
I used the Pajama Quilters method for the quilting. It was good practice for me on these small quilts.

I have also started another quilt for myself. It is the Smith Mountain Morning from Bonnie Hunter's book "Scraps & Shirttails II".I have started the cutting for totally scrappy just like she did with browns and blues. I have loved this quilt since I first saw it in the book. I have noticed that she teaches this quilt in many workshops. It is beautiful! I will be taking this quilt with me in October to a conference that my husband has in Reno, NV. The last time we went to this conference I put together my tree quilt from Bonnie while he was busy with the conference.  I will show pictures later on the progress of this quilt.

Until next week, Happy quilting to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment