Friday, July 26, 2013

Some Good Progress & Some Set Backs

It has been a very good week with some progress in the quilt studio and some set backs.
I have finished all the star blocks for the Smith Mountain Morning quilt and I am trying to move ahead with the alternate block in this quilt.


I have sixteen blue stars and 12 brown star blocks all done and this feels very good.
I started on the quarter squares for the centers of the alternate blocks and for what ever reason they are 1/2 inch too small.

 

Very disappointing but I have moved on and have started cutting for the unit again.


This little block measures correctly at 3 1/2 inches. Yeah!
I almost did not write about this set back but then I realized that this is what is happening in the quilt studio this week so I should document it too. I have found that this blog is truly helping me keep track of my progress in my quilting.

I have finished for now working on the tumbler quilt. I have a very short attention span it seems and I am very bored sewing all these together. I added seven rows to the top and I have put it in the closet for now. I am sure I will grab it back out in a month or two and finish it up.


These are four rows I have started on and will pick them up where I left off soon.


I now have 74 blocks made for the Bonnie Hunter challenge. They work up so quickly as leader enders. 

Well, this is all I have for this week. Talk again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment