Thursday, August 29, 2013

Things are Starting to Settle

Well, it has been another week and things around here are looking a little bit better every day.
I have not worked in my quilting studio but I thought I would talk about the quilts I have made for my kids. I have made several over the years.


This is a Bonnie Hunter free pattern on her website Quiltville, Chunky Churndash. I made this for my oldest son Garrett.


This is Scrappy Mountain Majesty from Bonnie's website. I have made three of these quilts. This is the first one I made and it went to Garrett's wife Tosha.



This is another quilt from Bonnie Hunter but it is from one of her books and I made this one for Melanie.
I have made two quilts for my son Luke, one of which I have already wrote about. It is a Quilt of Valor. He spent 1 year in Iraq. The first one I made was a huge king size quilt that everyone in the family made a block. I can't find any pictures of this quilt and I know that I have taken many picture of it. If and when I find the pictures I will show them on this blog.


This quilt is from Bonnie and it is called Smokey Mountain Stars. I gave this one to my son Doug. It is made from recycled shirts, allot of them from my husband.




This is Jared Takes a Wife from Bonnie and this was the first big quilt I made from Bonnie. I gave this one to Doug for his birthday.


This one was made for Laura, Doug's wife. It is not a Bonnie Hunter. I just designed it the way I wanted it to be.


This is a mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter that I gave to my daughter.



This one I have shown before in one of my first posts. It is a sampler quilt that I gave my daughter in 2000.


This is the one I made for my son Eli when he got back from his mission to Russia. Not good pictures and I machine quilted this on my DSM.

Well, I think this is enough pictures for this post. My husband and I are going on a mini vacation tomorrow and will be back on Sunday. 

I will talk next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment