Friday, September 6, 2013

This, That & Making Slow Progress

After writing my post last week I realized that I had skipped Chelsi's quilt. So I went hunting for the pictures of that quilt and I found three pictures but two have her in them. I do not put family in my blog for the most part. This picture is not very good but I wanted to show this quilt. I got this pattern from another designer other than Bonnie Hunter and I have the book but right off the top of my head I can't remember the designers name.


I also went looking for my son Luke's quilt and finally found it. It is from DEC 2005 and at that time I just put quilt pictures in the folder for the month and did not keep them separately like I do now.


 This quilt was a labor of love. Almost all of our family members made a block.


Luke's family members have more than one block. I haven't put in a number of the pictures I have of this quilt because there are family pictures in the quilt and I didn't want to have them be too clear to actually see the faces.


Every block has flying geese. I quilted this in the quilt as you go method but did it in rows. I did it all on the DSM. This was when I decided that I couldn't quilt on my DSM again. This quilt is a very large king size. It kills my shoulders doing this kind of quilting.


This is my box for the Smith Mountain quilt that I am preparing for next month. I will hopefully be able to finish the alternate block and sew the top together while we are in Reno, NV for the conference.


These 1 1/2 inch squares are for the block.



These are for the pieced outer border. I am taking the pieces for the outer border just in case I get that far in the piecing.

Well, I need to sign off for now. Talk next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment