Friday, August 23, 2013

Wow, 2 Weeks Have Flown By

Well, August is almost done. I have been going like crazy to catch up here at home because of being gone for 6 days. Luke and I flew out mid afternoon on Thursday and we worked like crazy getting everything packed into the truck through Sunday. Jared is a master at Tetris otherwise we would never have been able to get all the stuff into that truck that we did.
We decided to drive straight through to get home and Nebraska seems to go on forever. We left Madison, WI on Monday at 2:30p.m. and arrived home at 10:00p.m. on Tuesday. The trip was a blur.
Since being home we have worked hard to get things unpacked into the house and storage. This is a big job with 5 kids.
I have also been sitting 3 other grand kids this week because today they leave for Texas and who knows when I will ever see them again. They are moving to Houston.

I decided today to showcase a few quilts that I have not talked about on my blog. I make baby quilts for every one of my grand kids and then they get a twin size quilt when they are older. I have 21 grand children at this point and every one of them have a baby quilt. All but 2 have twin size.
Here are a few of the twin size quilts I have made.
The boy quilts I use a large center fabric and then I add borders. I try to use fabric a little older looking so they will still like their quilts when they are teenagers.












This not all of the boys quilts I have made but for the life of me I can't find pictures of a couple of quilts. 

This girls quilts are all different. They are all pieced quilts, most are Bonnie Hunter design.


From the above quilt I made two more quilts from the bonus triangles. One in purple and one in pink.




The next two quilts were leader ender projects. I gave the purple one to a grand daughter and the pink one was for charity.



This next quilt was a Bonnie Hunter design from one of her books.


This next one is actually a representation of two quilts I made for twins. The only difference being different borders.


The next two quilts are for two different grand daughters. I really enjoyed making these two because they are not pink or purple. Most little girls like pink or purple but these two like the bright and fun colors of yellow and orange.


This one is my nod to the modern quilt. I normally like the traditional look.


This quilt below is a Bonnie Hunter design in pink and purple.


I know this is not all 19 quilts I have made but I don't have a picture of one or two. I have already written about the one I made for Lizzy because it was the first Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt.

All of the grand kids get pillow shams or pillow cases the next year for their birthday. This way they have a matching set.

Well, I will sign off for now. I have really loaded this post with pictures and talk.
See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment