Friday, September 13, 2013

Harvesting Not Quilting

Try as I may I am not going to be quilting for a while. Although for a half hour last night I started to piece together my alternate block for the Smith Mountain quilt. It is a good thing I did too. So now I have decided that I need to get all of those blocks together before I leave next month because I am notorious for miss counting my pieces and I could cause myself allot of problems after I get there and I won't be able to do anything about it once I get there. I am going to carve out some time to piece.

I have had two interviews this week so some of my time has been taken with those kinds of things.

The zucchinis are also growing like crazy so yesterday morning I made a double batch of chocolate chip muffins, 2 breads and a double batch of lemon zucchini cookies. Good thing I have grand kids here to help eat these. I put the breads in the freezer for later though.

The afternoon yesterday I spent bottling. This week has been peaches.


For a total of 27 quarts. Don't they look pretty?



I bought 3 boxes of peaches.


Last week I made tomato juice, 27 quarts. They look good too! I bought 3 boxes of tomatoes.



In two weeks I will be picking up three boxes of pears and after they are done I will get apples for applesauce. I will be very busy right up to when I leave for Reno. This month is going to fly by!

Well, I need to finish getting ready for this interview so I will sign off for now.


2 comments:

  1. Cindy your peaches and tomato juice look great! I'm slowing down on my bottling. I wish I could get peaches but it's not likely to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita, This bottling is allot of work. I guess I had forgotten. I haven't done any serious bottling for many years.

      Delete