Friday, October 18, 2013

Runner Turned Out Fine Not Great

We got back from Reno, NV and was very tired. That is a long drive and it felt great to be home in our own bed.
I have pressed the Shadow Box quilt top and now I need inspiration for how I want to quilt it.


I am not in a hurry to get it quilted because I still haven't got the backing together for it yet.


I finished quilting the table runner this morning. Some parts I am happy with but the outside border I am not happy with. Mostly, that is because I used white thread on the bobbin and dark purple on the top.


 I know better than to do that but I was thinking it would be fine. It wasn't. But I am not going to unpick it.


Even with this mistake I like the runner so mcuh better than it was before.


So here it is. Done!


These are the pieced outer border units for the Smith Mountain Morning quilt. I have pressed them all and nipped off the dog ears. All I have left to do is to trim the outside edges and then sew them together to attach to the quilt top. I haven't put the inner border on yet because I haven't looked through my stash to see what will work for that very small border.

I guess it will get done in a few weeks. So for now see you next week.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo! I love how the shadow box quilt turned out. Can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    You may see that I finally figured out how to change the minus mark (in your followers) to a good quilt picture.

    ReplyDelete