Friday, October 25, 2013

Where Did October Go

Hi Everyone,
I have been extremely busy this month and it seems like I have been living in the car.
I went down to deer camp last Sunday and we stayed until Tuesday afternoon. We drove home and got cleaned up to go to a funeral for a very dear friend.
On Wednesday we drove back down to deer camp and I spent the night and then drove back Thursday morning. I had to be back for a meeting on Thursday night and I needed to clean my house before the meeting.
I also had two telephone interviews this morning and I just got back from taking my Mom to the grocery store. So I have been running around like crazy this whole week.

I took my feather weight down to deer camp and was able to do a bunch of string piecing while I was there.


I brought the string stuff home and I now have it set up on my kitchen table because I just want to do some fun string piecing for a day or two and I don't feel like taking it all down to the quilt studio right now.


I have seventeen completed right now. They are in matched sets so I have them going in both directions.


I also ordered Wonder Clips to try out with my binding work. I think they are going to be great so I don't get stuck with all the pins holding the binding in place.


At the same time I ordered straw needles size nine to do my applique on the new wall hanging kit I bought in Reno, NV a couple of weeks ago.


Now I just need to find some time to work on the kit. I also have a number of UFO's that need some attention. I think November will be a much slower month than October has been so I should be able to do some things I want to do.

Well, this is all for this week. Talk again next week.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy what brand of thread are you using on the feather weight? I plan to start using mine but dread the thought of paying for small spools. Also, I put a picture of the rain drops design on my blog post today if you'd like to see it.

    Anita

    ReplyDelete